AEU began a visioning process in Spring 2021 to look at where we have been, where we are now, and where we want to go in the future. The AEU neighborhood family wrote the strategy for the future of the program.
- AEU is committed to the right of every person to access and enjoy arts, culture, and creative expression.
- AEU is deeply loved and respected by residents and community leaders. While some changes are needed to help the program reach a fuller potential, there is no need for major changes in its mission, programming, or focus.
- AEU will continue its creative work in the Greater Hazelwood community. We aspire to foster deeper engagement rather than have a wider geographic focus.
- AEU will identify a new fiscal sponsor and transition away from being housed at the Office of Public Art and Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council by January 2022.
- An AEU studio space with either first floor access or an elevator is needed to fully serve the community and engage neighbors in studio activities.
- AEU will seek opportunities to build residents’ capacities and interests in sharing in the ideation, implementation, and administration of the program.